Medical and Health Counseling/Education is an individualized approach that will help participants’ identify and reach health improvement goals by providing the tools and resources to become self-sufficient or understanding their health condition. Healthways Services staff is a Board Certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) that specialize in health promotion and prevention through the use of holistic evidence-based approaches which understand lifestyle behaviors that lead to increased health risks, and how to lower these risks through practical but effective behavior changes. The CLCP, will provide health education, counseling, planning, motivational techniques, accountability, coaching, establish realistic expectations, awareness, focus, and practicality to individual or couple behavior changes as a result of each health impairment.
Increase the quality of life, availability, and effectiveness of educational and community-based health related issues on a global health level of care, which should improve health related impairment issues by preventing negative impacts on your health, injury or disability.
Our educational and community-based program play a key role in:
- Preventing health and injury impairments.
- Improving health.
- Enhancing quality of life.
We acknowledge that health status, and related health behaviors are determined by influences at multiple levels, such as providing participants’ health education, discuss their primary diagnoses’ for which participants/health education is provided, topics associated with diagnoses’, amount of time spent providing participants/health education, level of understanding of the participants/health education provided, personal virtual (online) or face-to-face time, organizational/institutional, environmental, and policy. Because significant and dynamic interrelationships exist among these different levels of health determinants; therefore, educational and community-based factors are most likely to succeed in improving health and wellness when we address the influences at all levels, and in a variety of environments/settings.
Why is this Educational and Community-Based Program Important?
Healthways Services educational and community-based program, and strategies play an important role in reaching individuals by improving healthy outcomes. The outcomes that their physician probably did or did not have the time to discuss the probabilities of continuing and contribution of an improved health impairment or diagnoses.
Healthways Services educational and community-based program and strategies are designed to reach people outside of traditional health care settings. These settings may include, but not limited to:
- Law Enforcement
- Courts Systems
- Law Firms
- Insurance Companies
- Oil and Gas
- Doctor Offices
- Other Health Care facilities
The 60–120 minute coaching/education sessions may include a Personal Wellness Plan, which the educator and participant will discuss together, if applicable:
- Review the Health Assessment results from your physician diagnosis.
- Develop health improvement goal(s) through counseling, guidance, evaluations, and assessments.
- Draft short and long-term objectives on financial independence as a result of the participants’ health impairment.
- Create an Action List of weekly or monthly objectives by identifying realistic short/long term range goals.
- Determine barriers that prevent positive change and how to improve them.
- Creating priorities by determining the problems that are most changeable, and which problem has the greater potential for an attractive yield of an improved health impairment status.
- Follow-up visits with each participant according to the Personal Wellness Plan to improve health conditions and quality of life.
How can we help you? Contact us today…
Health Prevention Topics
Our health promotion program (60 to 120 minute sessions) is used to best maintain and improve the overall quality of life. The educational and community-based program encourages or enhance health and wellness by educating on the following topics, which include, but not limited to:
- Depression, and Anxiety/Stress Management
- Acquired Brain injuries – Neurological Conditions
- Co-dependency and Self Esteem Issues
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Couple Issues
- Psychiatric Conditions
- Men Issues and Domestic Family Violence/Healthy Safe Environments
- Career Counseling/Coaching
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar, Schizophrenia, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Coaching
- Women Issues and Domestic Family Violence/Healthy Safe Environments
- Sexual Concerns and Issues
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputations – Upper and Lower Extremities
- Communication and Emotional Awareness Issues
- Smoking Cessation
- Burns – Epidermis and Dermis
- Adult Transition Academic Underachievement Issues/Coaching
- Coping Skills
- Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases
- Relationship issues
- Anger Management and Conflict Resolution
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Issues
- Anti-Theft Intervention
- Youth Transition School Issues/Coaching
- Same Sex GLB Issues
- *Other Long-Term Health Impairments
Schedule your appointment today!
Sessions for youth and adults are held weekly:
Monday – Saturday: 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Individual and Couple Sessions
Individual Sessions: $425 per hour
- (1st visit only a minimum of 1 hours) = $425.00
Couple/Family Sessions: $950 per hour
- (1st visit only a minimum of 1 hours) = $950.00
**Payment Methods Accepted: Cash, Cashier Checks, Money Orders, Health Saving Accounts and Credit Cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express) are accepted for payments ONLY (No Refunds).